Commercial Director- Life Safety Platform
Eaton's Life Safety Division has an opening for a:
Commercial Director - Life Safety Platform
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
The position is responsible for the overall leadership of the Life Safety Product Platform within the Life Safety Division (LSD). This is a vertically integrated P&L with product management, sales, after sales service and sales fulfilment responsibilities. The Platform General Manager is accountable for developing and executing the strategic plan, building organizational capability, driving results, developing a high performance culture across all functions and delivering consistent high margin growth. A key requirement of this role is to gain extensive voice of the customer and work across multiple Country Sales Organisations / markets.
- Responsible for the development and execution of strategic growth plans for each product line within the Life Safety Solutions platform, maximizing our customer offering whilst delivering our financial commitments. This will include the management of multiple product lines, including all associated commercial, design and support functions
- Lead new growth opportunities for both the established market and, especially, export opportunities. The growth programme will include multiple components such as: the development of customer relationships, end user pull strategies, robust New Product Development (NPD) programmes, aftermarket plans, local product customization, strategic partnerships and potential M&A activity
- Liaise with the Country Sales Organisations (CSO) in each country to drive LSD product awareness and sales initiatives.
- Developing and leading our project based sales proposition, ensuring that the customer identifies and appreciates the value of our integrated system design and installation support, working with key stakeholders such as end users, specifiers, main contractors etc.
- Responsible for identifying, developing and maintaining key customer relationships including OEM and in-country / regional partners
- Responsible for analyzing and determining the most appropriate pricing model to defend & potential grow margin in high, medium and low market penetration environments
- Responsible for proper commercial contractual arrangements with review and approvals in place as needed
- Prior experience in and possessing a deep understanding of the professional electrical product sector
- Industry experience with P&L experience
- An Engineering degree complemented with an MBA or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in working with multinationals, preferably US headquartered
- Commercial industrial background is preferred with proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans to support business or operational growth
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational design
- Senior executive communication and presentation skills. Comfortable with public speaking and presenting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with international cultural sensitivity (both in managing international teams and working with international customers)
- English language skills are essential with French &/or German &/or Spanish language capability being advantageous
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Great promotional opportunities ? Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce ? the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are ? both individually and as an organization ? and direct our activities every day.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term ? not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Date of posting: 6th March 2018
Expiry Date: 2nd April 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80364087