Business Improvement Leader
Develop and drive all aspects of continuous improvement within the Aston Martin Production System (AMPS).Train, lead and support utilization of continuous improvement tools and techniques. Plan & co-ordinate Business improvement support team members to ensure implementation of initiatives on time.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Drive continuous improvement activities which impact Safety, quality, cycle time reduction, cost reduction and waste elimination through lean methodology
- Lead & support Work Group based kaizen workshops & activities
- Deliver Work Group based training in Lean foundation tools & techniques (Workplace organisation, 5S, Standard work etc)
- Complete process time studies for the assembly processes to create the correct work sequence and optimize the balancing of the assembly process.
- Analyse specific processes to identify waste reduction opportunities.
- Support process owners with implementation of identified waste reduction initiatives
- Develop value stream maps (current & future state) which visualise total process and highlight areas for improved efficiency
- Lead & Support Practical Problem-Solving activities through data driven decision making.
- Complete system audits to support sustain and identify further opportunity to improve
- Implement & train new processes in support of Integrated Systems Requirements (ISR)
Qualifications & Experience:
- The candidate will need to be HNC/D qualified in Manufacturing based discipline (Engineering, Quality, Lean)
- Experience in leading continuous improvement projects and activities
- Experience in leading small teams & workshops
- Experience in Production environment an advantage (Manufacturing supervision roles – min 2 years)
- Project management experience including implementation of challenging projects.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960294070