Depot General Manager
The UK's largest home delivery courier network, Hermes will delivered more than 260 million parcels last year on behalf of the biggest names in retail and our network of over 14,500 hard working lifestyle Couriers make this happen providing a high quality doorstep service. We employ over 2,500 people; delivering parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
How it feels to work for us:
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance.
The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer's experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Depot General Manager role is the pivotal in providing leadership and direction to the depot team. This role plays an influential part in liaising and networking with other parts of the business such as Finance, Hubs & Trunking, HR and the Commercial teams. You'll be fully responsible and accountable for the people, service, cost and quality performance of a specific depot, driving the best operational performance for the depot will be key as the role will have full profit and loss accountability.
You'll have accountability for specific tasks such as:
- To create and deliver the budget and forecast as agreed with the Area Manager.
- To provide leadership to depot teams, ensuring individuals are engaged, motivated and committed to operate as a high performance and fully accountable management team.
- To lead the depot operations and admin management teams in running an effective, dynamic, process-driven and results-oriented depot network whilst being the custodian of Hermes's integrity as a service-led organisation.
- To ensure the depot offers both internal and external customers and clients the highest levels of customer service throughout the distribution process. (e.g. Field Teams & Couriers)
- To optimise network performance and cost effectiveness through design and monitoring of challenging KPI's implemented through the operational management teams.
- To be accountable for the management of sub depot operations, inclusive of third party relationships, service criteria and rate negotiations.
These roles we are looking for are based in the West Midlands and North West area.
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work cross functionally across the region as part of a growing team.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Demonstrate both a commercially focused and client focused operating style.
- Proven skills and evidence of managing, developing & coaching people.
- To have leadership qualities with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable evidence of achieving operational management of KPI's and SLA's.
- Able to evidence 'Forward thinking' that has helped the business succeed.
- Able to work flexibly including ability to cover the operation 24/7.
We offer you:
- Full training along with a supported induction process
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Company Car/ Cash Allowance of £4,500 pa
- Bonus Potential of up to 10% annual Salary
- Phone, Laptop
- Hermes pension up to 5%
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
Hermes isn't just about parcels, it's about people and being part of a team. Building those key relationships internally and externally, delivering an excellent customer service experience. If you are self-motivated, thrive on daily challenges and enjoy working as part of a team, we want you to be part of Hermes!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298648