Night Shift Manager
Award winning Hermes is the largest UK courier delivery service projected to handle 251 million parcels this year. We employ over 2,000 people, have over 12,000 self-employed couriers and deliver parcels to over 190 countries.
We have grown in excess of 15% each year over the past 5 years with even bigger ambitions for the future - there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
How it feels to work for us:
Here at Hermes, we empower each individual with both the responsibility to make critical decisions and to explore new ideas to achieve the best performance.
The biggest thing we are proud of is that our people care. We want you to make a positive difference to our customer's experience, because in every job at Hermes, you will and you can add value.
The Nightshift Manager is fully accountable for the performance of the shift whilst proactively seeking ways to improve cost, service & operational efficiency. You will ensure all resources including third party are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service levels.
You'll have accountability for specific tasks such as:
- Managing all areas of the night warehouse sortation in an efficient cost effective manner.
- Ensuring depot key KPI's are achieved e.g. sortation compliance, Vehicle Departure times etc
- Budget Management to achieve the agreed service levels including productivity, labour costs, overtime usage, Agency usage.
- Maintaining the health, safety and security of all employees and visitors.
- To lead, coach and develop the supervisors on shift.
- To adhere to the legal requirements of the 'O' Licence.
- All required MI reporting documentation is maintained to the required standard & on time.
- To develop and maintain effective communication channels with all appropriate areas of the business especially the Day shift management and Field team relationships.
We offer you:
- Full training along with a supported induction process
- Bonus up to £2,000 per annum
- Hermes Pension matched by Hermes up to 5%
- 26 days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Income Protection & Life Assurance cover
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the depot operations working in a collaborative way.
Essential Skills for the role:
- Transport knowledge, skills or experience including regulations.
- Experience in managing and leading a team.
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment to tight deadlines
- PC Literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Good communicator and able to liaise at all levels.
- Flexible approach to work to meet business requirements.
- A CPC Licence.
Hermes isn't just about parcels, it's about people and being part of a team. Building those key relationships internally and externally, delivering an excellent customer service experience. If you are self-motivated, thrive on daily challenges and enjoy working as part of a team, we want you to be part of Hermes!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298609