Automotive Powertrain Calibration Engineer
Do you want the opportunity to join one of the largest luxury automotive OEM's in the UK?
Our client are at the forefront of the automotive industry, specialising in luxury automotive products. We have a fantastic chance for you join our client's cutting edge team to help deliver solutions that will help advance the automotive market as we know it. This role will offer a fun, yet challenging environment working within our clients state of the art facilities.
We are in search of a Automotive Powertrain Calibration Engineer.
An experienced Powertrain Calibration Engineer is required to join an established team working on a range of exciting future applications and technologies. The role involves simulation, test bed and vehicle based calibration activities to optimise performance and emissions to meet both legislative and customer specific targets.
We have identified 3 Key Skills for this role:
1) Powertrain Calibration - Gasoline, Diesel or Hybrid.
2) Expertise with calibration and data analysis tools (e.g INCA, Matlab, Concerto etc). Good analytical skills & good working knowledge of MS Office software.
3) previous experience in the automotive industry.
Other experience preferred to help any candidates stand out includes but is not limited to:
- Experience in a powertrain calibration team environment.
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, AVL Concerto, Cameo and CRETA.
- Fundamental understanding of powertrain systems and control theory required.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable.
- Interpretation and specification of simulation data.
- Experience/knowledge applying Design of Experiments (DOE) tools.
- Experience in the application of model based calibrations desirable.
Please Note - Ability and willingness to support overseas testing as part of the role is required - typically, these can be for up to 3 weeks at a time and up to four times per year.
If you are at all interested in the role, APPLY NOW for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960297763