Design Engineer - Walsall
A brand new opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join a FTSE 250 Organisation based in Walsall, assisting the design and development of mechanical and electrical design solutions for a variety of specialist vehicle projects from conception through to manufacture.
Primary responsibilities include;
- Assist in the design and development of mechanical and electrical design solutions, for a variety of specialist vehicle projects from concept through to manufacture.
- Participate in the life cycle of product development.
- Create tailored documents to present new designs or modifications.
- Create operating instructions and project files
- Interrogate design proposal drawings to verify design, components and assemblies
- Produce 3D Models and draught engineering drawings including CAD CAM programming of new and existing components using 3D/2D CAD software.
- To assist in basic day to day drawing office duties and procedures.
- Presentation of design solution internally and to customers if required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to apply basic engineering calculations
- Ability to develop and maintain good internal relationships.
- Ability to act as a credible representative of the company to external parties.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
- Experience of working in an mechanical engineering environment is essential
- Educated to HNC/HND standard or equivalent
- CAD / 3D Modelling Qualifications
- Proficient 3D and 2D CAD user
- Highly computer literate
- Practical knowledge of materials and their properties for design and development
- Good knowledge of FEA, prototyping, manufacturing and production processes
What's on offer?
- Being part of a World Class FTSE 250 Organisation
- Competitive salary and package
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on **************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299020