Expert - Power Electronics
Technical lead able to support development of systems and components for hybrid/electric vehicles
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The Powertrain Electrification department is responsible for development of Hybrid and Electric Propulsion systems including all high voltage components. The area includes components such as HV Batteries, electric motor, inverters and the complete system design. As Power Electronics Technical Specialist you will be focusing on inverter, electric motor and their integration into the driveline for hybrid and electric vehicles
- Responsible for inverter/eMotor HW solutions
- Support control strategies definition for the electrical machine
- Participation in thermal modelling of the inverter and electric machine
- Secure the technical specifications for Electric Drive Systems in the car
- Participate in technical investigations, concept studies and problem solving, balancing characteristics and requirements to maximize performance/cost.
- Develop and present System trade-off studies to solicit direction from Management.
- Work closely with HV Battery, Transmission, Controls engineers to define a System meeting the requirements.
- Leading expertise with focus on technical issues/feasibility and functionality.
- Support high impact technical issues during launch.
- Train, coach, present technical information and share the knowledge.
- Develop best practices to handle the requirements of today and the future.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MoS or PhD Engineering at Elec, Phys or related field
- Extensive experience within eMotor/Power Electronics systems
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of eMotor and power electronics:
- AC/DC PE, PCB electronics design, standard and certification, EMC and thermal management
- Knowledge about trends and applicability of new technologies
- Experience in high voltage switching components (MOSFETs, IGBTs) including SiC and GaN technologies
- Experience in high voltage electronics testing
- Experience in EV, automotive or electrical industry
- Demonstrated experience to work in cross-functional teams and driving product development issues to a resolution
- Knowledge of project life cycle management from early R&D to series production
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, self-motivated, eager to take responsibility and deliver results with minimal supervision
- Understanding of Hybrid powertrains system functionalities and attributes at vehicle, system and component levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to organize multiple inputs into succinct summary and manageable discussion
- Passion for the advancement of hybrid and electrified vehicles technology
- Highly organised person who is process driven and able to liaise with multiple individuals
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960298612