Environmental Planners - Consultant/Senior/Principal Levels
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you’re an Environmental Planner and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join one of our newly created workspaces in Birmingham, Cardiff, Guildford, Leeds, Croydon, Manchester or Warrington as Consultant/Senior Consultant/Principal Consultant in our growing UK Environmental Planning team. We’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
You will have the opportunity to help our clients develop sustainably through environmental impact assessments (EIA), development consent order (DCO) submissions, Hybrid Bills, environmental support for major planning submissions, strategic environmental assessments and construction environmental management projects.
As part of a growing and agile team you can be involved in some of the UK’s most complex, iconic and challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding. These include major regeneration projects, garden cities, energy opportunities, infrastructure schemes and strategic land optimization.
We offer a fantastic working environment and generous remuneration package where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits.
- Delivering successful outcomes for our clients by helping them manage their environmental planning risks
- Proactively managing DCO submissions and/or impact assessments (IA) or components of these projects
- stablishing strong relationships within a multi-disciplinary team, working for a common vision and goals
- Facilitating effective oral and written communication and promoting innovative ways of communicating and reporting
- Coordinating and influencing project stakeholders to maximise best client and environmentally responsible outcomes
- Managing commercial aspects of selected projects or components of projects to ensure a successful result
- Liaising with the senior staff and our clients to keep informed of all developments associated with their projects
- Being familiar with relevant H & S regulations relevant to your role
What You have to Offer:
- Relevant Environmental Degree, with Master’s Degree in relevant environmental discipline preferred
- Successful project management/coordination of multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of leading/working on IAs within consenting regimes (e.g. TWA, DCO, TCPA, local and regional planning)
- Knowledge of all stages of IA from land acquisition, options appraisal, planning submission to construction management
- Stakeholder and public engagement experience (depending on grade)
- Great communication, report writing and team working skills
- Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
- Previous experience of contributing to or leading SEAs and Sustainability Appraisals would also be beneficial
- Chartered or working towards (depending on grade)
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering and, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment and generous remuneration package where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Matched Pension, up to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Time out for charity work
Social opportunities and team bonding initiatives
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296439