Logistics Manager - Atherstone - up to £65,920
Our client is an internationally recognised retailer looking for a Logistics Manager responsible for continuous improvement in their inbound supply chain.
Responsibilities for a Logistics Manager
- Identifies cost saving opportunities and develops operational plans for implementation
- Identifies backhaul and freight diversion opportunities considering the net case/unit costs and carrier rates and ensures all related information is up to date
- Obtains and verifies transport rates from logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes
- Monitor logistics costs including fuel costs, freight costs and currency exchange rates
- Develop and maintain a register of domestic and international freight rates
- Supervise use of route optimisation/transport management applications for inbound and outbound freight to ensure that region/division transport requirements are met
- Coordinate with internal/external route optimisation application providers to resolve any system issues and maintain continuous operations of all logistics applications critical to route generation and escalate issue resolution as required
- Manage, train and develop team
Essential experience of a Logistics Manager:
- Minimum 2 years management experience in retail or FMCG
- Supply chain or logistics background
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Familiar with project management and continuous improvement techniques
The successful Logistics Manager can expect:
- Salary between £51,760 - £65,920 DOE
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays.
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance after 2 years
If you feel you have experience in the following please apply; logistics manager, operations manager, distribution manager, supply chain manager, transport manager, logistics management.
Please note: due to the number of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960299294