Project Design Engineer
Project Design Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000 + Contributory Pension + Life Cover + Healthcare.
(Overtime and HMRC mileage for business miles paid when required)
Project Design Engineer sought for a specialist UK arm of a European manufacturer who supply special purpose materials solutions predominantly to the automotive manufacturing and storage sectors.
The role will be suited to Project based Design Engineers with knowledge of designing structures and working with stress calculations from varying weights and pressures. Examples of relevant engineering design would be bridges, lifting equipment or materials handling equipment of any nature, any knowledge of materials handling equipment used within manufacturing lines would be ideal.
You will be based mostly from the Worcester location with the occasional visit to client sites although this will be very infrequent. You will manage projects from concept to completion on a range of structural steel based materials handling and lifting equipment applications. The majority of the work will be mainland UK projects although there will be the need to support the Italian parent company in projects and very occasional overseas travel may be required. The role will include initials client contact and forming solutions from spec and, producing BOM's, costing and timescale. You will over-see project progression and final handover.
This is a small arm of a larger brand and as such has a flat team structure where all are equal team members working to project completion targets and goals. The successful candidate will have confident communication skills and a commercial awareness as well as proven 2D design package skills, AutoCAD 2D is the package in use within the business previous experience of this will be ideal but all design package experience can be taken into consideration.
* Project based design consultation and development on a range of structural steel based materials handling and lifting machinery for a range of manufacturing and materials handling applications.
* Regular client, supplier and internal liaison throughout project
* Use of AutoCAD 2D to produce final design drawings and calculations for final solution
* Project based design background with experience based around structural applications, lifting or materials handling equipment.
* Willing to work on a concept to completion project basis and take joint responsibility for project delivery.
* Proven experience with 2D/3D design packages for structural applications and associated calculations.
* Ability to interpret mechanical drawings.
* Live within commutable distance of Worcester.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960296470