We have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Author to work with this highly respected industrial automation solutions company in Worcester.
Our client has been supplying industrial automation to a variety of industries for over 30 years with an expert in-house team who deliver concepts that produce production solutions to a multitude of industries.
With Special Purpose Machines, Industrial Robotics, Control Systems and Complete Production Lines, they work to understand what is important to their customers and then engineer solutions to give a pay back in the shortest possible time - whether it's through improved productivity, higher quality control or more efficient processes.
The Role of Technical Author
We require an individual to author our client's technical manuals for each machine or system that they install. You will:
* Have to establish an understanding of the applications and then design and write documentation to explain it to users.
* Collate information from mechanical and control engineers and various software packages such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, Word, Excel and others.
* Take pictures and/or videos of the machines they produce and use them to convey instructions to users.
For the role of Technical Author, training on specialist software packages will be given to the successful candidate if required but it is essential that your written English is of an extremely high standard and that you are able to understand basic engineering principles.
Salary and Hours
The role of Technical Author could be a part-time position and the salary range would be £16,000 to £25,000 per annum, pro rata plus overtime.
* Work 40-hour week plus if and when necessary overtime.
* Holidays 20 days bookable plus statutory and bank holidays.
* Standard office hours Mon-Thurs. 8am - 5.00 & Fri 8am - 2.30 (includes œ hour lunch break).
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients' business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Solidworks, AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Technical author, manufacturing, automation, robotics, manuals,
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293117