Data Protection Manager
What's on offer
Job Title: Data Protection Manager
Location: West Midlands, Birmingham area
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 with an attractive benefits package
Start date: April/May 2018
Client & the role
Eddison Knight are pleased to be searching for an experienced Data Protection Manager based in the West Midlands to become an integral part of the growing and transforming technology team. A solid understanding of data protection would be required with a potential to manage a team as the role expands. A Data Protection Manager is required in developing Data and Information Management policies and procedures for the company.
The role is to ensure the company is compliant with relevant data protection accreditation standards, regulation, controls and guidance whilst ensuring the division has the overarching view on how data privacy is managed and what protective risks are to be undertaken.
- Ownership of Data and Information management within the company with complete governance.
- Act as the main contact across the division.
- Working with internal staff to improve the use and collection of data throughout the company and assign relevant responsibilities.
- Advising directors and executives of compliance, monitoring and privacy impacts.
- Create and update policies, strategy, and procedures to support this.
- To be the divisional expert with GDPR knowledge.
- Governance on data breaches and ensuring appropriate internal escalations.
- Compliance control implementation & validation (e.g. DPIA, SAR, Breach).
- Ensure Data Quality and Protection controls are current and, as required, new guidelines and legislation are introduced and updated.
- Ensure effective Information security control testing, including but not limited to technical, organisational, physical and logical measures.
- Advise on recommendations to ensure all related Business Risk is managed with effective policy management.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects.
Skills and experience
- Desirable Qualifications
- Experience is required of:
- Prioritises work of the service area to ensure it meets operational service plans.
- Applies a systematic approach to decision making and problem solving.
- Calculates and identifies risks involved in a course of action.
- Working in IT and Information Security stakeholders in a complex organisation.
- Working in or with security infrastructure and/or security operational functions.
- Building successful working relationships and team dynamics in a matrix environment.
- Practical, common sense delivery of successful, collaborative security solutions.
- Working with large scale IT outsourcing, including use of Cloud services.
What they're looking for
The successful job seeker will be able to demonstrate:
- The gravitas to work successfully across different businesses, seniorities and business cultures.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation and customer focus.
- The ability to work in a challenging work environment.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Confidence in decision-making and delivery.
- Ability to listen to others and talk honestly and persuasively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to present ideas and technical security concepts in user-friendly business language.
All applications are acknowledged within 48 hours
Eddison Knight Recruitment has been retained on behalf of the hiring company to find, prepare and recommend resourcing solutions. By sending us your CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960290791