Currently recruiting for an Estimator on a contract basis in the Birmingham area with a hands on approach and good engineering experience. I am looking for an Estimator with heavy civil and / or highways experience.
- Manage all aspects of quoted works process in order to maximise revenue and operating profit
- Estimate the costs of projects in order to meet or exceed the client's requirements
- Determine contractual, financial, technical and operational risks and to find opportunities to minimise risk and maximise gross profit
- Support the fulfilment of the programme of works safely, on time and to the required quality while maximising the gross profit and client's satisfaction
- Implement policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Promote Clients values towards its customer in order to meet or exceed their expectations
- Obtain suitable market quotations to substantiate the prime cost utilising the Clients Supply Chain.
- Deliver accurate prime cost submissions at the adjudication meeting in a professional and logical manner.
- Advise line Manager of improvements / innovation within the company or externally that you become aware of.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Commercial Awareness
- Have strong organisational skills and able to present information in a logical manner
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Able to work as an individual and work co-operatively as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960291493