Supplier Development Engineer
We are looking for a candidate who will work on a core team to manage supplier development initiatives in the following areas: Christchurch,Basingstoke,Fareham,Southampton and Aylesbury. The focus will be on improving supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, support supply chain strategies, etc.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Partner with key suppliers to pursue continuous improvement, problem solving, waste elimination with the objective of improving performance to the customers business units.
* Implement proactive and reactive strategies and tools to drive performance improvements in the supply base.
* Drive problem resolution process at supplier, incl. ability to lead problem solving teams
* Provide supplier quality and delivery oversight, analysis, and performance tracking
* Lead the implementation of quality clinics and supplier gold at suppliers
*Perform capacity assessments at Suppliers on behalf of the customers business units.
*Perform PPAP on site validation at suppliers.
* Develop and execute action plans to address opportunities in supply base
* Analyze strategic quality and delivery performance data
* Report results to the internal customers at various levels of the organization.
* involve internal customers in problem resolution when needed.
* Contribute to the advancement of tools and techniques in the Supplier Performance teams
* 4 - 6 years experience minimum in manufacturing, quality or engineering
* ACE or equivalent certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean preferred
* Significant experience in manufacturing and quality operations
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288192