UTC is a global leader in aerospace and defence. There are few – if any – aircraft around which don’t have our equipment in them somewhere.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our Quality department, 37- hours a week, here are Marston Green, Birmingham.
To be part of the Quality team to conduct product/ process assurance activities. Principle Accountabilities:
- Assistance in maintaining the site Quality Management Systems to support site approvals, including conducting internal audits, supplier audits and conducting process walkthroughs.
- Liaison with customers, suppliers and global MRO network on Quality related issues.
- Involvement in ACE improvement activities to drive process improvements at Marston Green and in supply chain.
- Review of customer and regulatory requirements to ensure compliance.
- Involvement in First Article Inspection / Maintenance Process Verification processes.
- Product Assurance activities, including investigation to root cause and support of new product introduction.
- Support customer and regulatory surveillance visits and close-out of resultant actions.
- Delivering training as required and maintaining associated competency / training records.
- Support to the Operations modules and support functions in order to meet business requirements.
- Development & reporting of Key Performance Indicators, undertaking trend analysis and identifying counter-measures.
- Attend required EH&S training; understand the hazards, risks and control measures of the job being performed including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
The following experience is determined as beneficial:
- An understanding and/or experience in auditing in addition to an inquisitive mind-set.
- An appreciation of aftermarket related certification and approvals e.g. AS9110, AS9120, EASA 145, FAR 145.
- An understanding of Quality and Continuous Improvement tools / techniques.
- Experience in working with computer based records and tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to enable effective communication at all levels.
- Strength of character with the ability to make decisions in challenging circumstances.
- Disciplined, organised and proactive approach to work.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th March
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960293326