Quality Manager role for a leading SME Manufacturing Company. Senior Management role based in Stoke-on-Trent.
Our client is a leading manufacturing company specialising in the production of a bespoke range of industrial and automotive components.
Quality Manager reporting into the Managing Director, member of the senior management team
This person will be passionate about exceeding customer and stakeholder expectations by maintaining and driving standards within the business and being the voice of the customer all within a business dedicated to continuous improvement, lean techniques and right first time thinking.
This position is suitable equally for an existing Quality Manager or someone looking for the next step on their career ladder.
Typical activities and requirements will include:
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Assessing customer requirements and ensuring that these are met.
- Be the voice of the customer and set standards accordingly.
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials and service with suppliers.
- Investigating and setting standards to ensure industry leading quality of product and service.
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
- Helping to determine training needs.
You must have a recent and proven track record working in manufacturing and be able to show demonstrable capability in the following areas:
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Directing objectives to maximise profitability
- Maintain the requirements of ISO 9001 accreditation.
- Review requirement and benefit of ISO 14001 standard.
- Use data and KPI's to drive behaviour.
- Manage a small team of quality professionals.
- Be a visible presence on the shop floor and ensure quality is at the forefront of everyone's minds.
- Equally at home in front of customers, Senior Management team, shop floor or the Board.
- Be involved with other businesses on the site and be able to work cross-functional with strong communication and influencing skills.
£50,000 plus excellent benefits package