Project Engineer - Brakes CHS039
Job Title: Project Engineer - Brakes
Salary Up to £48k
Perm Location: Gaydon
Design & Release responsibility for all base brake systems on all products
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and Release responsibility for all base brake systems on all products
- Lead the base brakes PMST and ensure that cross functional areas support the delivery of the base brakes system.
- Specification of base brakes systems for new vehicles and variants
- Lead design and concept activities for CAD designers, controlling the release of all component detail and assembly drawings.
- Work with suppliers to design and develop components & systems to meet all specified requirements such as weight, cost, durability, and performance targets.
- Analyse the suitability of ‘parts bin’ components.
- Manage Suppliers to ensure parts are delivered on time to the required quality standard
- Work closely with Manufacturing and Launch to enable swift and accurate fitment of components to vehicles.
- Control Design Verification and Sign Off reporting
- Review CAE and vehicle measurement data to guide component design
- Work alongside brakes and vehicle development to ensure the full validation of the system and design changes with appropriate level parts.
- Provide designs and components for concept cars and early prototype build phases
- Lead and participate in Failure Mode Avoidance activities – DFMEAs, Quality History Reviews and Robustness studies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
- Extensive experience gained within an automotive or automotive components supplier group
- Excellent design and engineering knowledge of Foundation Brakes
- Component Engineering Experience
- Experience of working with Brake component manufacturers
- Project management experience (Programme Module Sub Team leadership )
- Rig test environment experience
- Brake pad material selection experience
- Knowledge of brake system NVH refinement and issue resolution
- Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs
Don’t Delay… Apply Today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960290021