Our retail teams are at the front line of raising the funds we need, to deliver our cause, whilst delivering an exceptional service for our visitors. As well having an array of stunning product ranges, we partner with local craft artisans, to support the sales of unique and local products, which really capture the spirit of our special places.
Please be advised in this role you'll be required to work most weekends.
What it's like to work here
This spectacular 18th century mansion is a very popular visitor attraction. Built for the first Lord Berwick in 1785, Attingham Hall and its beautiful parkland were owned by one family for more than 160 years.
Attingham’s saviours, the eighth Lord and Lady, began restoration work in the early twentieth century and this lives on in our Attingham Re-Discovered project. This project aims to bring the mansion back to life, and this year visitors can see our conservation work in action.
What you'll be doing
You'll be joining our friendly team of staff and volunteers assisting in the day to day running of the Stables Shop. With your love of working with people and desire to provide an excellent service, you’ll acknowledge, welcome and engage every visitor, offering them help and advice with their purchases. This means maintaining a thorough knowledge of our products, so you’re always on hand to help, and by ensuring that all stock is correctly priced and the shop is maintained to a high standard.
As a key member of our retail team, you’ll maximise the profit and sales generated at our special place, by ensuring that every opportunity is taken to increase our sales and average customer spend. When interacting with our customers, you’ll inform them of the amazing work we are doing, and what their money is funding - whether this is financing local projects or promoting our national strategy, cause and membership offer.
Who we're looking for
Our team believe that people deserve more than just 'good service’ but an amazing experience they’ll never forget, and we are looking for like-minded people to join us.
You'll need to be;
- Helpful and friendly
- Have clear communication skills
- Can easily identify with customer needs
- Take pride on delivering excellent customer service
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Some cash handling experience
- Good eye for detail
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking