Trainee Sales Engineer
Trainee Sales Engineer
Coventry, * £20,000 - £25,000 * Permanent
Our client is an International manufacturing company seeking an Trainee Sales Engineer to join their rapidly growing team in Coventry. My client is a forward thinking business with exciting growth plan, resulting in exciting opportunities for a potential employee. In return my client offers excellent benefits and a fantastic team environment.
Job description for the Trainee Sales Engineer
As an Trainee Sales Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the sales of the client's full product range. You will be a key member of the Sales team building close relationships with customers in dealing with technical sales enquires, producing quotes and being able to source solutions to meet the client's needs. This would suit someone who is looking to move from the shop floor into an office environment. Full training will be provided.
- Managing both new and existing customer requirements to understand, anticipate and practically meet their needs, whilst spotting potential sales opportunities.
- Offer customers a product or service that best satisfies their needs in terms of technical specification, quality, price and delivery from the range.
- Provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to new and existing customers.
- Calculate accurate and competitive sales quotations and prepare tenders, proposals, designs and technical drawings to meet customer deadlines.
- Follow up quotations in a timely manner
- Receive and accurately log customer sales enquiries onto the system.
- Raise purchase orders with suppliers for goods.
- Be pro-active in notifying customers when there is a change in delivery date or if there is a potential problem with a sales order.
The Successful Applicant for the Trainee Sales Engineer
- Technical / Product knowledge (Ideally tool making background)
- Engineering / Technical experience
- Ability to read/interpret technical drawings.
- Communication skills, problem solving skills, team working skills, passionate about service delivery, conscientious and willingness to learn new skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Computer Literate
- Ability to work well within a close team environment.
- Due to the location, must have own transport
- All Microsoft office packages, including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience in AutoCAD (or willing to learn)
- Experience in Autodesk Inventor LT or Similar 3D package (or willing to learn)
Apply for this Trainee Sales Engineer
If you are interested in this position, please click APPLY
DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website.
Key words for the role of Trainee Sales Engineer Sales, business development, account management, telesales, telemarketing, sales engineer, Internal Sales, direct sales, engineering, manufacturing, direct sales, Tool Making, Engineering / Technical
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960288167