Colour and Materials Manager
Colour and Materials Manager (Maternity cover)- Warwickshire - Competitive rate based on level of experience
This role is a management level within our client's Colour and Materials team. As a recognised expert in the Colour and Materials field the ideal candidate is able to engage others, leading both people and content, collaborating at multiple levels.
As a Creation focused role, the responsibility will be to guide and lead colour and materials programmes at the product level driving and delivering to design and business requirements.
Role & Key Responsibilities:
* The positions report to Chief Designer Colour and Materials
* Responsible for leading the development and innovation of material solutions for both interior and exterior application
* Setting the design direction of a project with the design team with a high degree of creativity and solutions
* Negotiating against cost and feasibility issues to achieve customer satisfaction and the best aesthetic solutions
* Detailed liaison with Interior / Exterior Design Managers, Marketing Managers, Engineers, PQ and Suppliers
* Responsible for agreeing design changes at the appropriate level and communicating direction to team and suppliers
* Working to collaborate with current and new supplier base, guides designers on best practices for engaging with these networks
* Shares best practice with the team and offer direction as appropriate
* Mentor and coach to others (both Junior and Senior) in Design projects and methods.
* Flexibility to lead work on multiple programme activities dependent on business needs
* A contributor/influencer to Colour and Materials design strategy as our product portfolio and business needs evolve
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
* Relevant design degree demonstrating excellent creative and presentation skills
* Demonstrate high levels of motivation, resourcefulness, drive and tenacity
* High knowledge of automotive materials (or analogous product industry) processes and suppliers with a high degree of competitor awareness
* High levels of personal creativity and the ability to generate creativity in others
* Ability to promote the need for creative and feasible solutions to the wider business
* Broad understanding of the global design world with experience in International Design Centers
* Good communication skills and the ability to relate to all levels of staff and management and be a good team player. The position is required to work at our clients' Design Studio or at other studios around the world if necessary.
When applying please send your CV and portfolio, along with salary requirements, notice period and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK with no time limits or restrictions.
For more information about the role, or to apply please contact Gemma Gregson - Jonathan Lee Design Services tel: or email .