Test Lead | Automation | Manual | Birmingham
Your new company
My client, a large public sector organisation is looking to recruit a Test Lead on a 3-6 month contract basis. This role is based in Birmingham.
Your new role
The client requires an experienced automation Test Lead who is able to demonstrate experience with managing other testers and is able to conduct end to end testing on applications and technology.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that business, technical, functional and non-functional requirements are being met throughout the agile SDLC.
- Able to work closely with developers as part of small Scrum teams in an agile dev-test environment
- Follow and improve testing standards and strategy document as new best practices are evolve
- Identify test types and coverage for ongoing projects and implements strategy to achieve them.
- Design and execute test scripts based upon requirements, test strategy/plans in an effort to identify defects prior to production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and communicate at senior levels.
- Strong experience in systems integration testing using appropriate non-functional testing techniques against integration components (APIs, web service endpoints, ESB, etc.)
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of introducing new, suitable test techniques, processes and tooling.
- Experience in Manual, Automation (Unit/UI Functional/Integration), Performance and Accessibility testing using industry standard tools - preferably Microsoft products
- Experience of a test management tool (e.g. Microsoft Test Manager) and Visual Studio Team Services or equivalent
- Experience in exploratory testing and assisting/coordinating UAT testing
- Experience in basic SQL queries and backend testing
- ISTQB certified to Advanced and/or Agile Tester
- Mentoring and training scrum team to increase test capacity.
- Experience of VSTS (or a recent version of TFS) to manage work, bugs, test plans & cases, etc.
- Xamarin an Xamarin Test Cloud
- Cloud (e.g. Azure) for hosting, test automation, etc.
- Knowledge or experience in release management
What you'll get in return
£275 - 350 per day.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.