Materials Controller / Materials Scheduler
Materials Controller / Material Scheduler, Salary: £25k, Based: Cannock
We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Controller to work for a global and leading Modular Building / Construction business. Applicants should ideally have previous experience of working in a supply chain / purchasing role as a Materials Controller / Materials Scheduler / Materials Planner or similar. Experience in a construction, manufacturing or engineering environment would be preferable. The ideal candidate will be educated to ONC / HNC or above and have the ability to progress further.
Materials Controller / Materials Scheduler:
- To ensure goods and contractors are available on time to enable timely completion of construction projects in the factory.
- Place purchase orders on suppliers, contractors and labour agencies for supply of goods and services.
- Ensure goods and services are purchased at the right quality, quantity, from the right source, at the right time and at the right price.
- Effective procurement from Bills of Materials.
- Use of Navision ERP system for PO raising, receipting and stock control.
- Controlling stock and order level of standard [regular/runners] materials using MAX/MIN methods.
- Foreword ordering longer lead time items from the production program and forecasts.
- Ensure that all supply chain risks are identified and resolved/mitigated.
- Obtain costs from fit out contractors for modular projects.
- Close liaison with the operation team and working knowledge of live project requirement and deadlines.
- Ensure key contracts and materials orders are placed within cost as stated on factory transfer value.
- Produce cost report for each contract – Actual spend v budget.
- Manage cost for facility and plant repairs.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and especially those relating to the procurement function, including No PO, No Work.
- Support any queries arising from Accounts.
- Expedite due PO’s Process supplier NCR’s seek robust solutions to issues that arise.
- Provide support to other functions as required – e.g materials transfers to other functions.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply by attaching your CV.