Grade 4 (£12,810.00 - £14,515.00)
31.25 hours per week (Overtime up to 37 hours will be expected as required)
Start Date: 16th April 2018
Closing Date: Friday 16th March 2018
Interviews to be held week beginning 19th March 2018
An excellent opportunity has come up within our school, in Wolverhampton, that caters for, educates and nurtures children with Social, Emotional, Mental Health difficulties and other Special Educational Needs.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated Assistant Teacher to work within the Primary Department of the School. We are seeking enthusiastic, personable and highly motivated individuals with appropriate expertise and knowledge to work as part of a committed team (see job description).
The School supports Primary and Secondary pupils from the ‘City of Wolverhampton’ and surrounding areas who have an Education Health and Care Plan for Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH). This is an excellent opportunity to join a determined team of multi professional staff, within a caring, friendly and purposeful environment.
- have experience of working with pupils with SEMH
- hold at least an NVQ2 qualification or equivalent
- have GCSE, English and Maths, minimum grade C or equivalent
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum 2014
- Meet the safeguarding standards required when working with children and young people (see Safeguarding section).
- be resilient and respond intelligently to behaviour
- be reflective in your practice
- be responsive to CPD opportunities
- have good organisational skills
- be competent in the use of IT to support learning
- be flexible and adaptable
- be able to work as part of a team
- show commitment to our students
If yes to the above, then we want you to apply
The successful candidate will:
- Have opportunities for promotion within a growing Multi Academy Trust
- Be supported by a performance management system
- Receive additional benefits that include:
- Free day time refreshments
- Pension scheme
- Discounted family shopping scheme
- Plus other discretionary benefits such as
- Salary sacrifice mobile phone scheme
- Various other salary sacrifice schemes including cancer screening, child care vouchers, cycle to work and will writing.
For an application pack please download it from our website http://www.northernhouse.org.uk/vacancies, please complete an application form and ensure your other information in support of your application is no more than 2x A4 pages, Arial Font size 11.
When you complete your other information please tell us what you can bring to the role and why you feel Northern House School Academy Trust is a good match for you.
Once you have completed your application please email it to Jobs@northernhouse.org.uk
Successful candidates will be called for interview on week beginning 19th March 2018.
For a further discussion about the position or to visit the school please contact Mrs C Clarke-Putzgruber, Head of Primary on 01902 551564.
Northern House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a rigorous, Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all references obtained will be checked upon for authenticity and accuracy.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.