Software Developer Apprentice
We're looking for a passionate Junior Developer to join our award winning Digital team. You'll work on innovative digital solutions for exciting high profile clients like EE, Jaguar Land Rover, Sainsbury's and Lloyds Banking Group.
You'll join our development team and contribute in a variety of areas to our key projects. Working closely with our team of Designers, Developers, and Project Managers, you'll advance your skills at a rapid pace and be directly involved with the planning, design and implementation of web and mobile app projects.
- Support the Digital team by creating dynamic web applications using a variety of web technologies.
- Craft digital solutions from technical specifications and client briefs.
- Have your finger on the pulse and be aware of new technologies and concepts that will benefit the department.
- Use your experience and knowledge to guide and develop best practice, and improve efficiency and quality.
- Knowledge of PHP, or an Object-Oriented programming language
- Git, or an equivalent version control system
- PHP frameworks such as Laravel
- CSS pre-processors such as Sass
- Building SQL and designing databases
- Creating and customising Wordpress systems
- Passionate about creating cool digital things
- Can work well in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and develop professionally to help further the team
- Positive attitude towards challenging situations and multi-tasking
- Good time management skills involving the ability to estimate accurately the time required to complete digital projects
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate with and translate digital solutions to non-IT personnel
- Must be committed to making 'anything possible' with a 'can do' attitude
The role will be based primarily in our Worcestershire head office. There will be times when this role will require you to work from the company's other offices.