Theme Coordination Assistant
Theme Coordination Assistant - Atherstone - £30,580
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding, professional and experienced Theme Coordination Assistant to join our client, an industry recognised and global retailer, at their corporate Head Office.
The objective of the role will be to develop and propose exciting, relevant and evolving themes and to follow market trends to refresh, maintain and increase customer interest and engagement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Buying Director in evaluating themes and products
- Prepare theme performance reviews for the month in planning, including details of competitor activity
- Assist the Director with all theme planning including the monitoring of lines numbers and sales to ensure there is consistency in the plan throughout the year
- Assist in the development and maintenance of key performance indicators to monitor Specials and manage targets to ensure all teams are tracking to their targets
- Prepare monthly reports for internal use
- Liaise with market data providers and summarise market data and trend overviews for presentation to Directors
- Monitor competitor activity including retail spot checks and weekly leaflet reviews to ensure promotions are in line with the market timings and trends
- Monitor activity including category reviews, themes and leaflets for new ideas
- Provide support to the Director in relation to changes including liaising with Directors, Marketing and theme owners ensuring line numbers, benchmarks and advertising space are complied with
- Liaise with Merchandising Department on Special, Seasonal and Key Event Merchandising plans
Requirements of the successful Theme Coordination Assistant:
- Previous experience in managing products, categories or key events
- A keen interest in the on-food market
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Ability to work with urgency under pressure and react to last minute reports
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.