Head of Group Finance / Group Financial Controller
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over GBP500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust fund raise. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established Head of Group Finance to provide leadership to the Financial Accounting, Treasury, AP & AR functions within our International business.
The Head of Group Finance will lead the monthly management accounting, year-end Statutory Accounting and Audit processes, ensuring a robust financial control environment. You will also maintain accurate cash flow forecasts and ensure effective management of cash. We are looking for an establishedChartered Accountant with strong technical knowledge and financial control experience, combined with the ability to lead and develop a high performing team.
What will you do as a Head of Group Finance?
- Lead and develop a team of 20+ people,ensuring all team members have a personal development plan and SMART objectives
- Manage the year end Audit process
- Oversee the monthly/year end reporting processes and ensure accurate and timely production of management and statutory accounts
- Ensure ongoing compliance with UK GAAP/FRS102
- Lead the day to day control of cash and working capital management
- Provide technical accounting leadership to the business
- Ensure accurate cashflow forecasts are produced in line with company trading and investment plans.
- Keep the Treasury Committee updated and make recommendations re cash management and FX related matters and ensure that previously agreed policies are adhered to.
- Ensure effective credit management and cash collection procedures in place
- Ensure activities completed are fully compliant with company policies and legal requirements
- Continuous improvement of Financial Accounting and Control processes to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead finance system development projects to improve efficiency and support new business initiatives
- Leadership and development of a high performance team, exhibiting a highly visible, competent leadership style that is consistent with the Monsoon Accessorize values
- Building and maintaining positive, effective working relationships with peers, divisional directors, team members and external organisations
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Chartered Accountant at least 7 years PQE
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Proven experience at a senior level in Financial Accounting and Control
- Credible and authoritative communicator
- Experience of leading and developing teams
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work through problems logically to find suitable solutions
- Action orientated with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Attention to detail and naturally inquisitive
- Retail experience- multisite, multi-channel, international (desirable)
- Knowledge of CODA (desirable)
If you feel you have the potential to become a Head of Group Finance, please apply now.