Maintenance Shift Engineer
Salary: £30,000 to £36,000
Location: Tipton, West Midlands
Hours of Work: Rotating Shifts Monday to Friday (AM (06:00-14:00) & PM (13:30-22:00))
Benefits: 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
At Panesar Foods, we believe in chef-driven practices and have a team of qualified marketing and technical specialists that have a track record in developing and implementing new food ranges rapidly and efficiently, using our flexible manufacturing processes.
To everyone, Panesar Foods are a family owned food manufacturer that is as creative in its product development, as it is professional in its execution. For some businesses. we are their think tank, for others we are their food consultants, and to many, we are the agency that handles their entire packaging design and food manufacture as an outsourced function, with our experienced in-house team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day engineering and maintenance activities ensuring work is carried out to the highest standards whilst maximising machine efficiencies. The ideal candidate will come from a fast-moving background but this is by no means a necessity and should be able to work on their own initiative, be a time served engineer with multi-skilling and have experience within an automated manufacturing environment, as there are PLC’s on site. Also, able to work on general machinery such as pumps, sauce cooking vessels, conveyors, over wrappers, palletising, packaging machinery and other associated manufacturing equipment. There is a huge amount of training on offer, so the successful candidate will be in line to broaden their skills considerably.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous food processing industry experience
- City and Guilds 17th Edition
- Electrical experience: electrical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
- 2 Years’ experience of working in an automated production environment.
- Basic Food Hygiene & Health & Safety
- Data and analytical skills
- Computer literate. (word/excel/windows-based packages)
- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control, instrumentation, welding, FLT license, Lean experience
Interested? Click apply for your CV to be sent to the hiring manager!