Sous Chef - the George, Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire
Experienced Sous Chef - up to £26,000 plus tips depending on experience, live in available
Considered a key member of the team within our managed division, the Sous Chef should be committed to assisting the Head Chef to drive the business forward through consistent quality and on-going menu development.
- Salary of up to £26,000 plus tips depending on experience
- Discounts at restaurants and major retailers
- 70% off meals whilst on duty
- Cooking with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- Brand new kitchen
- Laundered whites
- 28 days holiday
- 50% off food for you and up to 3 guests across our nine sites
- 50% off hotel rooms within our six sites with rooms (Sunday through Wednesday)
- Full training and development, including external courses.
In order to be a successful Sous Chef you will,
· Have experience of managing a busy kitchen, taking control in the absence of the Head Chef.
· Have a passion for simple, well executed food with great ingredients.
· Be able to motivate the team to produce consistently great food as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
· Be confident in training and recruiting new team members and strive to be the best at what they do.
· Be expected to manage to costings, margin and labour costs within the kitchen.
· Have good communication skills
· Be computer literate to a good standard.
The successful candidate will fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant. Build effective and constructive relationships, communicate clearly, professionally and concisely. Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
The George Townhouse ()
- Situated in the market town of Shipston on Stour, between Stratford and Banbury
- Fully refurbished in 2016
- 15 en-suite guest bedrooms
- Busy bar area
- Restaurant with a maximum of 100 covers, usually 60-70 covers at peak times
- Outside terrace area with an additional 25 covers
- Food is Modern British with good classic pub food
- All food is cooked, fresh from scratch
- Join the successful team and learn on the job
If live in the successful applicant will need to undertake Fire Warden training too
We are Brakspear an award winning family owned business, recognised by our peers for running beautiful hotels and restaurants. We want to make sure our bars/restaurants are the best they can be, places people want to go to and have a good time. We want people who are like-minded, professional and fun to work with.