Job Title – Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Location – Wednesbury
Shifts - Various Shift Patterns available
Salary - £40,000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance engineer, our client are a large FMCG business based in Telford.
Our client has 30 years experience in manufacturing and supplying a range of products to the Food industry from leading supermarkets to food service companies.
Our client has currently recieved 18 million pounds worth of funding! This has enabled them to expand the maintenance function and assets on site. They are also in process of building a new state of the art facility next door.
With over 250 employees, the site supplies retailers, wholesale, vending and food service customers with some of Britain's best brands.
Progression and training will be available for the successful candidate.
The Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
Reduce equipment breakdown duration (and reduce the frequency of breakdowns (mean time between failures).
- Maintenance, production improvements and project work.
- Weekly PPMs the role initially will be 30% reactive 70% PPM.
- Working on new food & packaging manufacturing equipment.
- You will be working on conveyers, various packaging machines seal,sortation equipment, wash stations, bagging lines, check weighs and many more.
In most breakdown cases, engineers would not be expected to strip down and rebuild parts. Instead like for like replacements or straight swaps are favoured, however some light fabrication work may be required from time to time.
- Completion of an electrical maintenance/engineering apprenticeship.
- Experience within an industrialised manufacturing environment.
- Good level of literacy and IT skills is essential for the role.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a multi skilled maintenance engineer
- Experience within a food environment would be desirable but not essential.
As a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer you will expect
- Salary - £40,000 - £42,000
- Company pension plan available.
- Continuous progression opportunities.
- Flexi time/ banked time available.
If you’re interested in this role? Please contact me on or
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79426067