BP Oil Terminal Electrician
BP Oil Terminal Electrician
adi Group is a large, multi-disciplined, privately owned engineering company offering a single source, integrated service to provide Totally Engineered Solutions.
Founded in 1990, the group specialises in supporting the manufacturing sector in the UK & Ireland, through
16 limited companies and over 20 service divisions. Enjoying exponential growth over the last three years, the Group has seen its workforce increase by 50% to over 500 employees and is expected to double in size by 2020.
Why work for us:
Whether you work at our flagship head office, at one of our 11 regional offices, or at one of our client residencies, a job at adi is fast-paced and promises variety, progression and opportunity.
We are dedicated to creating a winning team with a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and above all, a passion for engineering.
Responsibilities of the BP Oil Terminal Electrician:
- Operation of low voltage switchgear including isolation and earthing.
- Issue and cancellation of Electrical Isolation Certificates.
- Isolation of Instrument Supplies.
- Testing and energisation of existing electrical installations, but NOT installations where a modification or new equipment has been installed.
- Resetting of protective relays where applicable.
- Entry to Substations, Switch Rooms and Compounds.
- Construction or maintenance on the system as specified on the Electrical Isolation Certificate
- Electrical isolation of existing live circuits.
- Issuing of electrical isolation certificates.
- Maintenance of electrical services and distribution systems.
- Maintain and test alarms.
- Carry out maintenance plan as scheduled on Frontline.
- Oversee electrical work.
- Assist other contractors carrying out work.
- Preparation of documentation including, the method statements in line with BP's PPM system.
- Provide 365 day, 24/7, out of hours cover using a local call rota.
- All other reasonable activities related to electrical maintenance as directed by BP.
Requirements of the BP Oil Terminal Electrician:
- Experience of electrical installations and testing within a process plant environment
- Experience of Manufacturing and Industrial sector is essential
- Experience of working in the petrochemical and refinery industry would be an advantage
- Demonstrate a confident and determined approach
- Have a high degree of enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Be target driven with the desire to achieve results
- Qualified to 17th edition, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- C&G 2391 or 2394/2395 or equivalent
- COMPEX EX01-EX04
If you are a professional hands-on, self-motivated and team focused individual who is reliable and flexible in their approach to work with a keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail - we want you!
adi Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital status, or pregnancy or maternity.