30 hours a week, term-time only
Temporary position November 2017 - February 2018
£18,039 pro-rata (actual salary £12,291.64)
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with a local college. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their expanding catering department atthe college. Working in the food hall, duties include supervising a busy kitchen, preparation and cooking a range of food items, service and sale of food to students and staff, taking payments and using a till, checking goods inward and keeping areas clean.
To be successful, you will have previous experience of cooking in a large scale catering environment, ideally in education, some kitchen supervision and have a good understanding of providing healthy eating options. You will hold an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate and NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the catering manager in the provision of an effective and progressive cross college catering service.
- Preparation and cooking of a range of good quality food items to be offered through the college catering service.
- To work with the Catering Manager in developing and styling the food service offer to meet customer expectations and preferences.
- To be responsible for the ordering and controlling of stock and checking goods inwards.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possesses as a minimum, an Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Is qualified to NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation & Cooking or equivalent
- Has a proven ability to prepare and cook a wide range of high quality dishes in a busy and large scale catering environment.
- Is energetic, enthusiastic and well-motivated towards providing excellent food and customer service
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Temporary Cook, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 27 th October 2017.