We are recruiting an exciting Design Manager position to work with a rapidly expanding bespoke Manufacturer company based Walsall. After a significant period of growth within a number of sector's including both private and public, the successful candidate will be responsible for the setting up my clients Design team and leading strategic direction. Candidates must have experience managing projects from concept to creation and possess a strong Mechanical Engineering background.
Our Client is a market leading specialist bespoke Manufacturer based in the Walsall. After recently moving to a purpose built factory added to significant capital available for future expansion plans, this role would be getting ahead of the curve to oversee and sustain throughout and after the growth period of their Design team. The role will allow the successful Design Manager full autonomy to shape the team, a chance to lead strategic direction and a competitive package.
Reporting directly into the MD and with responsibility for 2 Design Engineers, this diversified role will take projects from concept to creation.
- Use FEA calculations to ensure all structural calculations are produced correctly
- Manage projects from cradle to grave. The role will take concepts right through to Production utilising different departments of the business
- Support the company during its growth by reviewing and improving existing designs and processes
- Engage and motivate a small team ensuring development plans are put in place for team members
- Strong links to R&D to support engineering changes to existing models
- Ideally degree qualified
- Proven ability to lead and drive team performance
- Sheet metal experience would be advantageous
- Strong project management experience supporting projects from cradle to grave
- Previous exposure to FEA within a previous position
£40,000 - £45,000 + car, pension, health care