We are pleased to be working with a growing local business who are moving from strength to strength.
Due to the continued growth they are looking to recruit an experienced Travel Advisor to join their team. The Travel Advisor role is on offer on a permanent basis offering both full and part time hours for the right candidates.
The role offers a basic salary of GBP15,500 per annum rising to GBP20,000 per annum through service. It also offers uncapped commission potential for those who excel in the Travel Advisor industry.
The hours of work are based on a shift pattern between 8.45am and 9.30pm Monday to Friday and weekend work will also be required to maximize sales opportunities.
A history working in a Travel Advisor role is essential as you would be required to have knowledge of the travel industry. A background in sales is also desired as they are looking for candidates who can hit the ground running!
A successful Travel Advisor will also need:
- Passion for the travel industry
- Solid drive for sales targets and selling
- Proven success in selling and achieving those targets
- Excellent spoken English, and excellent rapport building skills
- A confident, knowledgeable and enthusiastic telephone manner
- Clear, accurate written English
- Positive flexibility towards client and business needs
- Basic PC knowledge especially emails and Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management
An average day as a Travel Advisor would consist of:
- Responding to holiday enquiries by telephone and email
- Harvesting client requirements to provide excellent advice
- Following up enquiries to keep all opportunities alive
- Closing sales for customers
- Ensuring all the bits and bobs are present and correct (flights, hotels, transfers, extras etc.)
- Makings sure extras and amendments are updated as required