Head of Quality Services and Assurance, Midlands Temp-Perm
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
- Extensive experience in a Quality Management role, managing a team of quality management and assurance resources.
- Expert knowledge of the application and development of processes to international management system standards.
- Experience in the design and implementation of management systems certified to ISO9001/ISO14001.
- Effective stakeholder engagement and communication.
- Practical problem solving skills and excellent presentation skills.
- Practical experience in the implementation of field/product quality control processes.
- Experience in capital work and/or maintenance service delivery in the highways or rail environments.
- Management and safety of the assigned resources and services for effective delivery.
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining a systematic compliance monitoring process for the division.
- Primary contact for the division regarding all matters relating to the management of quality assurance and environmental management.
- Ensure the Quality Plan and Environmental and Sustainability objectives, targets, and action plans are measured and managed at each level of the delivery organisation.
- Develop a risk based audit schedule and deliver compliance audits.
- Work with the Field Quality Services Manager to develop the risk-based field quality assurance plan and manage the Field Inspection approach in line with the Contract and Customer's requirements.
- Be the point of contact with the Customer for audit reports, non-conformances etc.
- Produce quality performance monitoring reports (including defect monitoring) as an input to the management review process and the Customer's performance management reporting schedule.
- Provide specialist support to business managers to facilitate root cause analysis workshops for defect/problem trends identified in management review or performance monitoring.
- Develop (with relevant owners and stakeholders) appropriate guidance and procedural documentation to ensure all activities carried out within the business produce consistently high quality results.
- Provide specialist support during Customer and certification body audits of the division.
- Liaise with the Supplier Assurance Manager to ensure assessments of existing or potential suppliers are effective and timely.
- Ensure that standards for quality, environment and sustainability are designed into new business processes, products, and services (as part of their transition into delivery) through effective assurance arrangements.
- Facilitate the customer satisfaction surveys and ensure that findings are analysed, acted upon and reported as agreed with the Customer.
- Support the certification of the contract arrangements to ISO9001:2015.
- Management of the Contract Quality Plan.
- Maintenance of the Contract Environmental Management Plan.
- Maintenance of the Contract Sustainability Action Plan.
- Definition and management of a risk based Field Quality Assurance Plan.
- Production of contract and other mandatory quality performance monitoring reports.
- Definition of a risk based quality assurance audit schedule.
- Delivery of audits in accordance with the annual audit schedule.
- Build and improvement of procedures, policies and process documents.
- Provision of Customer satisfaction survey analysis reports.
Business Operations Skills - Qualifications:
- Full Driver's Licence.
- ISO9001 Lead Auditor.
- Appropriate memberships (e.g. CQI).
- ISO14001 auditor training.
- Professional, customer friendly and amenable.
- Punctual, organised and efficient.
- Resilient in the face of change and able to support and adopt changes that have been agreed.
- Good networking and customer facing skills.
- Prepared to re-prioritise and take into account colleagues concerns.
- Understand the implications if procedures/policies are not being followed.
- Able to challenge constructively.
Excellent employee benefits:
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.