COMMERCIALLY AWARE BRAND EXECUTIVE - FINE ART (LICHFIELD)
Artistic Program Manager - (Fine Art)
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to join the UK's leading commercial fine art organisation reporting to the Creative Director. The supporting role requires the ability to identify, approach, secure and develop artists for their eclectic portfolio. A background in art is required and this must be allied to a keen commercial understanding.
You will have an eye for artistic talent and recognising what sells, and will be adept at appraising the market via galleries, exhibitions and the appraisal of artist's submissions in order to seek out and identify potential new artists and projects.
The individual should possess both good interpersonal and administrative skills, and have a natural ability to influence and negotiate with the artists. You will be inspirational, motivational and enthusiastic both about our portfolio of artists and in your management of their work and schedules.
You will also have a flair for sales, participating in events to assist in promoting the artists and taking an active part in selling their work.
You will manage your own portfolio of artists, coordinating their production and work to campaign deadlines. You will liaise and manage the marketing for your artists aswell as assisting in developing their brand not only internally but externally, ensuring that key facts and important information on artists is circulated appropriately.
As such, you will also play a key role in facilitating the general day to day operations. You will also help to manage the schedules of the artists, assisting them to plan their activities during the year.
You will be determined and target focused, able to work to tight deadlines and get results within a fast-moving, commercially diverse working environment.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- To grow the brand within the organisation
- To manage all aspects of the brand from purchasing, creative, marketing and relationship management
- Analysing the brand and highlighting areas of weakness and potential growth
- Working closely with and championing the brand internally with other internal departments
- Produce realistic forecasting of sales and volume for the brand and communicate this to the business
Key Technical Skills:-
- Fine Art Degree or relevant industry experience
- Strong Numeric and Linguistic Ability (GCSE Maths and English)
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent organisational & problem solving skills
- Excel -Able to develop, use and maintain, spreadsheets, good level of formatting and basic formulae knowledge (sum and percentages)
- Powerpoint ( able to design presentations using Powerpoint )
- Word (able to create and amend Word documents. Create Reports, write letters and use tables. )
- Full Drivers Licence
The Career Factor is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
Only successfully shortlisted candidates will be contacted.