Hours: 32 hours per week
Salary: GBP19,000 per annum (pro-rata)
About the team:
Cotton Traders Ltd is celebrating our 30th anniversary this year. During this time, we have worked hard to create and uphold a reputation for quality, knowledge and an outstandingly friendly service within the retail market.
About the job:
We are looking for a proactive and hands-on Store Manager to commercially manage the day to day running of our store Labels Outlet Shopping, Ross Labels Ltd, Ross Park, Ross-on-Wye HR9 7QJ.
We are looking for a Store Manager who will 'think on their feet' within a fast and reactive retail environment, looking at the margins and budgets of a varied stock package to maximise profits and minimise costs. Added Store Manager responsibilities include:
- Ensuring excellent standards of customer service, delivering a true customer experience
- Motivating and leading the team to ensure top productivity and high performance
- Using your initiative to merchandise the shop floor appropriately based on the Company's Retail Guidelines
- Accurate completion of retail reports for Head Office
- Effective stockroom management, ensuring effective replenishment and stock control procedures
This is a wonderful working environment where the retail team members support each other to create a highly successful store.
Working with your Team Leader, your role as Store Manager will be to drive sales whilst coaching and developing the team, continuing to deliver an excellent customer experience to our new and regular customers.
You will need to be:
- Able to maintain open communication with all team members, peers and management
- Interested in developing and coaching junior members of staff
- Willing to listen and adapt your leadership style in order to get the most out of the team around you
- Proactive and use initiative in order to take action promptly according to requirements or requests and put forward suggestions to drive sales
- Able to work as part of a wider support network for other retail stores to improve overall area performance
- IT literate and efficient at using a till computer system
Our benefits within Cotton Traders' retail team include 25% staff discount, 75% uniform allowance and 25 days holidays rising to 30 days (after five complete calendar years of service) plus Bank Holidays.
Please note, we may close the vacancy once we feel we have received sufficient applications.