Your experience as an FPGA Engineer will have an immediate impact on my client. The role will involve be responsible for a wide range of FPGA activities covering all stages of the development lifecycle; from requirements through to verification and validation of programmed devices.
My client specialises in the design, manufacture and supply of electronic/electrical products with locations throughout North American, United Kingdom, Middle East and the Asia Pacific supplying into the areas of power, defence, rail and aerospace
- FPGA Implementation including requirements capture, VHDL RTL coding and physical stages
- Writing and execution of VHDL test bench code and other IV&V activities
- Safety related design process development and maintenance
- Model Based design techniques using Matlab/Simulink modelling and simulation
- Requirements tracking, configuration control, incident reporting and project documentation
- Lab support during hardware development stages
- Inter-team and intra-team communications, including reviewing
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or higher in electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
- Proven track record of FPGA/ASIC design
- Comprehensive knowledge of VHDL with practical experience in successful projects
- Experience of model based design using tools such as Matlab/Simulink is preferable
- Capability of working to formal FPGA/ASIC design processes is essential
- Broad knowledge of digital electronics and other areas of engineering. (e.g. systems, analogue/power electronics, mechanical, motors, etc)
- Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
- Good in front of customers; willing and able to make presentations
Job title: FPGA Engineer
Due to the nature of work undertaken, applicants will be required to undergo security clearance vetting, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level. Incumbents of these positions are required to meet special nationality rules and therefore these vacancies are only open to sole British Citizens.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.