Zone Leader (Manufacturing)
CDM Recruitment are working with a prestigious automotive manufacturing company in Staffordshire and require a permanent Zone Leader to join the existing team.
Reporting to a Press Shift Manager, this role is responsible for the day to day smooth running of their area. Their role will involve managing their Team Members to ensure first level QCDP targets are achieved. This role should be looked upon as being the starting point for a production management career.
The Zone Leader will be responsible of a team of up to 23 production operators working a 3 shift pattern. Rates of pay:
GBP11.57 ph Plus Shift Allowance; GBP12.72 ph for early and late shift and GBP14.46 ph for Nights
- Experienced production operative who has exhibited rigour in their approach to Safety and Quality. Has been proactive and participated regularly in Problem Solving exercises. Able to demonstrate a professional approach to receiving and delivering training.
- Able to lead by example in adherence to pre-defined systems of work with rigour and discipline - escalates issues where necessary.
- A good interdepartmental communicator that can solve issues systematically & objectively.
- Ability to develop their team to maximise team performance and delivery through engagement, enforcement of systems and communications.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Understanding of performance against delivery plan at all times and dealing with issues that may/do cause downtime
- Responsible for achieving production targets and ensuring blows and stroke rate targets are achieved.
- Ensure the completion of first off part conformance checks
- Responsible for adherence to die change standards and maintaining die change over times to the expected target.
- Responsible for adherence to 5S and housekeeping in own area and handling any non compliance from the team
- Conduct hand over briefings covering safety, KPI target adherence and general plant communication
A full specification is available on request.