LGV Cat CE Class 1 Driver
The Best Connection are currently seeking a Class C+E HGV Driver to fill a position with a client based in Newcastle & Gateshead. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class C+E HGV Licence.
The role involves trunking to both local and national clients as well as occasional shunting between sites using curtain sided vehicles. All loads are fork lifted both on and off, no handball is required. Shifts are allocated on an ad-hoc basis depending on loads available.
Responsibilities of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely Interact with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all task are carried out in a timely and professional manner and prepare to return home.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
- Class C+E Driver (HGV)
- Class C+E driver experience
- Must have a clean licence
- Verifiable references
Compensation of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
The basic salary for this position is £9.25 hourly flat days & £9.75 hourly flat nights Monday - Friday.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Digi-Card Required
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
- Weekend Work
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.