LGV Cat CE Class 1 Driver
The Best Connection are currently seeking a Class C+E HGV Driver to fill a position in Newcastle. The successful candidate will possess a current and valid Class C+E HGV Licence, experience with steel and roping & sheeting would be beneficial but is not essential.
This role involves Class C+E steel deliveries to various commercial properties both in urban and rural areas throughout the UK, this can be either doing day trunks or tramping away.
Responsibilities of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
- Making deliveries & collections to both local & national destinations
- Perform complete pre and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tyre pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are at correct levels and in proper working order.
- Ensuring the load is correctly secured and if necessary correctly sheeted.
- Reporting any safety issues on standard reports.
- Adhering to assigned delivery schedule and following all job directives precisely as well as Interacting with dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all tasks are carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
Requirements of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
- Class C+E Driver (HGV)
- Class C+E driver experience
- Must have a valid CPC Card
- Must have a valid Digital Tachograph Card
- Must have a clean licence (Max 6 points, no DD/DR endorsements)
- Verifiable references
Compensation of the Class C+E HGV Driver:
The salary for this position is £9.25 hourly(£10.25 hourly for Ltd Co.).
The night out allowance is £25 per night.
Additional Benefits & Requirements
- 28 days Paid Annual Leave pro-rata for PAYE (inclusive of statutory holiday)
- CPC Driver Qualification Card
- Hourly rate as above (not age dependent)
- Licence - Category C+E
- Overtime Available
- Requirement to Understand Tachos
The Best Connection Employment Group Limited was formed in 1991. The company has a network of 80+ branches throughout the UK, from which specialise in the supply of temporary labour to the industrial, HGV, warehouse and distribution sectors.