Logistics Operators x6
Due to recent expansion and increased production,
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd is recruiting for a variety of new roles, helping us to form new shifts and maintain our strong standards.
Applicants will be shortlisted against the available roles based on their experience, skills and knowledge, with a view to attending an assessment day on 15th September and psychometric assessments and interviews the following week for successful candidates. We aim to have people in place as soon as possible.
The Logistics Operator is responsible for packing and dispatching Litho and Foil Stock to required customer specifications.
Salary: £21,640.99 plus shift allowance
Hours of work: 42 hours per week, four shift pattern working days and nights (2 x 12 hour days, 2 x 12 hour nights, 4 rest days)
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Main tasks will include:
· Packing of Foil stock and Re-roll. When required packing of Litho and containerising of coils for export, depending on relevant training.
· Operating FLT and Shunter vehicles.
· Operating all the equipment in each packed coil area, i.e. mast crane, transfer crane, forklift truck, coil up-ender, Combi-lift and work saver
· Completing all necessary documentation, i.e. packing slips, order cards record book etc.
· Unloading supplies from lorries when necessary or obtaining materials from Stores
· Obtaining and identifying samples for Technical department when requested.
· Keeping the area in a clean and tidy condition; sweeping the area at the start of each shift
· Operating the Rewind machine for sampling of coils or winding off defects
The successful candidate will need:
· Experience working within a warehousing or logistics role
· The ability to be trained on mast crane, transfer crane, forklift truck, up-ender, work saver, Rewind machine, Combi Lift, shunter and tractor.
· The ability to use the necessary packing tools, i.e. banding tool, knife, tape measure, etc.
· The ability to work with the minimum of supervision after initial instruction.
· The flexibility to work in all production areas, as required, within Bridgnorth Aluminium subject to individuals skills and training
· The ability to use the computer system for making up loads for dispatch to the warehouse.
· To be able to liaise with Technical, Planning, Export and UK Dispatch departments to ensure a high standard of customer service
All vacancies require a strong understanding of health and safety requirements, understanding of product quality, a flexible approach and a strong team-working ethic. If you believe you have the relevant experience for any of our positions we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for one of our roles, please submit CVs or application forms via email to email@example.com or via post to HR Department, Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd, Stourbridge Road, Bridgnorth, WV15 6AU.
More information about the company and an application form can be found at www.bridgnorthaluminium.co.uk