Roll Grinding Operator
Due to recent expansion and increased production,
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd is recruiting for a variety of new roles, helping us to form new shifts and maintain our strong standards.
Applicants will be shortlisted against the available roles based on their experience, skills and knowledge, with a view to attending an assessment day on 15th September and psychometric assessments and interviews the following week for successful candidates. We aim to have people in place as soon as possible.
Roll Grinding Operator
The Roll Grinding Operator will function as part of an efficient and productive team to provide roll grinding services across grinding support areas, they will work to prepare rolls prior to production use.
Salary: £21,640.99 plus shift allowance
Hours of work: 42 hours per week,four shift pattern working days and nights (2 x 12 hour days, 2 x 12 hour nights, 4 rest days)
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Main tasks will include:
· Using Roll Grinding machines across site
· Setting machines to give correct finish (RA/surface requirement), cambers and profiles
· Profiling end of rolls and grinding inner race bearings when required
· Maintaining oil levels and required filtration for machine (including fluid clean and changes)
· Checking cutting fluid levels using a refractometer and making additions when required
· Measuring rolls before and after grinding using profiler, pertho and micrometer
· Keeping accurate records of rolls
· Maintaining a high standard of health and safety
· Maintaining a high level of housekeeping
The Successful Candidate will need:
· The ability to operate plant and equipment within the area
· The ability to communicate clearly with fellow operators and Section leaders any issues arising within the shift.
· The ability to work with minimal supervision while on shift after initial instruction.
· The ability to work as an effective team with a strong work ethic and good communication
· An understanding of the safe working practices of operations within the section.
· To know the customer quality standards expected from the process and how to maintain them.
· Practical knowledge of the procedures, manufacturing processes, and methods within the areas
All vacancies require a strong understanding of health and safety requirements, understanding of product quality, a flexible approach and a strong team-working ethic. If you believe you have the relevant experience for any of our positions we would like to hear from you.
To be considered for one of our roles, please submit CVs or application forms via email to email@example.com or via post to HR Department, Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd, Stourbridge Road, Bridgnorth, WV15 6AU.
More information about the company and an application form can be found at www.bridgnorthaluminium.co.uk