Location: Shrewsbury, Shropshire
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, flexible hours
About our client
Our client is a leading firm of chartered surveyors, chartered town planners, property and business consultants. It has five offices in the UK, in Herefordshire, Northamptonshire, Shropshire and Cheshire with clients nationwide.
The HR Administrator role
The business has expanded and a new role for an HR Administrator has been created to cover all the offices, but based within the Shrewsbury office.
HR Administrator Duties will include although not be confined to:
- Recruitment: drafting job descriptions, placing advertisements, receiving applications, liaising with agents, shortlisting, organising and conducting interviewing where required, candidate liaison
- Employment: Offer letters, contracts, pre-employment and right to work checks, checking qualifications and checking compliance with all personnel documentation within the regulatory framework
- Communication regarding staffing changes
- Induction programme design for new starters
- Updating and distribution of employee handbook
- Monthly report on all staffing and HR issues for line manager
- HR: monitoring of probation periods, absence, holidays and maintaining employee files and employee database
- Staff reviews: administering of review system, filing of completed reviews
- Attendance at university recruitment fairs, assisting with design of any promotional material
- Updating DVLA information and conducting drivers checks
The ideal HR Administrator will need the following:
They are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated individual with a “can-do” attitude. In particular the following attributes are desirable:
- Previous experience in an HR role
- CIPD qualified or working towards beneficial but not essential
- Good administrative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of integrity and ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Experience of working with Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate/advanced standard
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and be able to demonstrate initiative
- The ability to liaise with staff in a professional manner
- Flexible, with a can-do attitude to tasks and hours
- Travel to other offices may be required so car insurance must include business use
HR Administrator Benefits
The role sits within a friendly and supportive team.
- Salary: Competitive salary, plus participation in their discretionary Performance Related Profit Sharing scheme.
- Training: All necessary training will be provided
- Healthcare Scheme: Inclusion in health cashplan after one year’s service. Optional voluntary Private Healthcare Scheme on a contributory basis.
- Holiday: Entitlement of 20 days per annum plus 3 to be taken between Christmas and New Year, and the Public/Bank holiday entitlement of 8 days per year, plus an extra day off on your birthday. An additional day accrues for every 5 years of service.
- Pension Scheme: Workplacepension scheme operated through NEST
If you feel that you may be suitable for this HR Administrator role then please apply now!