We have an exciting opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our growing team in Nuneaton (CV10 7RH). The role is office based, however extensive UK travel will be required.
You will report directly into the Senior Management Surveyor, your role will be to undertake general estates/asset management work including third party claims across the UK portfolio.
- Responsible for managing a small non-trading sub-let portfolio of commercial properties.
- Service Charges and Business Rates are dealt with by external consultants and you may be required to assist in respect of site visits and mitigation activities.
- Assisting in maintaining the ability to trade of the retail premises via effective property management.
- Liaising with the Facilities Management team and Estates Surveyors to ensure that issues which are the responsibility of the Landlord are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Dealing with Terminal and Interim Schedule of Dilapidations along with any landlord notices to repair.
- Dealing with third-party buildings insurance claims.
- Carrying out general condition surveys of the existing portfolio as necessary.
- Preparation of schedule of works and formal specifications for project works and also any works to be carried out prior to lease expiry or disposal.
- Assisting with the management of asbestos throughout the UK and European estate.
- Procurement and management of strip-out, dilapidations, project and insurance works.
- Negotiation of cash settlement in respect of terminal dilapidations claims.
- Implementing and developing procedures in respect of planned maintenance activities to the Listed Buildings within the portfolio.
- Liaising with internal and external consultants.
- Build effective relationships with internal colleagues both at the support centre and also in the field, from store manager level right up to the divisional directors.
- Could preferably be a member of the RICS or CIOB, preferably with experience in dealing with dilapidations, however this is not essential dependent upon experience. Client side (retailer) experience preferred but not essential.
- The estates team at Holland & Barrett is a fast paced environment where we encourage and support each other working as a team. We work hard and celebrate success in equal measure.
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements. Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly