The UI Developer role plays a pivotal part in supporting the media businesses strategy to develop websites, applications and multimedia experiences.
The role is initially a 6 month contract.
Our client are a multi-brand media business based in Redditch.
The UI Developer role involves:
- Developing websites, applications and rich multimedia experiences according to brief and technical specifications
- Working closely with other UI and back-end developers to integrate the UI according to standards and processes
- Producing UI assets (HTML, CSS, graphics, video and rich media) in accordance with brand standards
- Working with external design agencies and the wider user experience team to develop user interface concepts that support the intended purpose
- Working with all members of the Agile team to deliver excellent quality code that is tested and delivered across the full Software Development Life Cycle
- Participating in all Agile planning meeting and stand-ups
- Adapting quickly to changing environments, concepts and emerging technologies to assist in the future road map of products and customer experience
In order to be considered for the UI Developer role, you must have:
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- An in-depth knowledge of HTML, HTML5 elements and application.
- Experience of CSS3 - including Media queries, font-face and latest selectors
- Understanding of Web Accessibility and general best UX practices
- Experienced in jQuery
The UI Developer role is offering the opportunity to work for a well established multi-brand media business. The role is initially a 6 month contract.