Care Worker - Wallsend
*£250 joining bonus* *Full or part time available* *Full training provided*
Mears have a number of opportunities available for Care Workers to join our team to work in the Wallsend (North Tyneside area).
We offer both full and part time so we can appeal to a full range of people, mums going back to work, older generations and career changers.
In return, we offer £7.75 per hour, we also offer extensive training, free uniform, the opportunity to complete the NVQ/ QCF Health and Social Care qualification, company annual fun days, child care voucher scheme, part or full time hours, excellent career prospects and access to the Mears Advantage money saving scheme.
The Care Worker’s role will involve:
- Providing personal care and support to clients including washing, bathing and toileting
- Healthcare, including assisting the service user to take medication as appropriate
- Providing practical support and domestic tasks including laundry, cleaning, shopping and preparing and cooking meals
- Accompanying individuals in social activities and assist in developing and maintaining the social interests of the individual
The successful Care Worker will have:
- Previous care experience is advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided
- Able to work some evenings and alternate weekends
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which will be paid for by Mears
Mears look for people who share our commitment to working in the community and who really want to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
To apply for this position please apply online and someone will contact you regarding your application or please call our local Benton branch on .