Part Time Retail Assistant
TJ Hughes is currently recruiting for Part Time Retail Assistants to join our new TJ Hughes store opening in Nuneaton.
Roles available are 4, 8, 12 & 16 hour per week.
Rate of pay meets national minimum wage / living wage.
TJ Hughes is a discount department store chain specialising in home and fashion, fragrance and cosmetics, technology and electrical goods.
TJ's (as everyone usually calls us) first started trading in 1912 and since day one we have been offering our customers premium brands at discounted prices. We are a family run business, with our headquarters based in Liverpool and are now trading from 22 stores across the UK: from Eastbourne in the South to Glasgow in the North.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive 'can do' individual and if you feel you are the ideal candidate then we would love for you to be part of the team.
We have a culture in our stores which is fast paced and exciting. If you are passionate, innovative and want to work with us, then forward your CV to our recruitment email address.
AS A RETAIL ASSISTANT YOUR ROLE IS TO SUPPORT THE STORE MANAGER IN ACHIEVING STORE OBJECTIVES, INCLUDING THE DELIVERY OF SALES TARGETS, STOCK AVAILABILITY, REPLENISHMENT, HIGH LEVELS OF VISUAL MERCHANDISING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENT.
- Delivers an excellent standard of customer service through active approach and conversation with our customers demonstrating the ability to provide in depth customer service
- High merchandising and pricing standards
- Proactively maintains an excellent level of display by regularly checking stockrooms for replenishment of own product area at suitable times throughout the day
- Assists with unloading DC / direct deliveries in an efficient and timely way. When putting stock away in stockrooms ensure it is in the right location, clearly visible and safely stored in accordance with store standards
- Report any stock issues to the manager in order to resolve stock outs and develop sales
- Proactive with personal HASAWA responsibilities towards self and customers
- Supports new starters with their induction
- Has a regular focus on delivering an excellent standard of general housekeeping
Experience of working within a fast pace retail environment, useful but not essential
Confident and personable approach to teamwork with both customers and staff
Good IT Skills
Able to work quickly whilst maintaining accuracy & consistency