We now have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer - Vitamins, Minerals, Herbals and Supplements to join the team at our Store Support Centre in Nuneaton.
- Undertake supplier negotiations to maximise margin, lead, manage and develop a team of direct reports including Buyers and Planning teams
- Prepare annual budgets ensuring monthly Profit and Loss reports are in-line with agreed budgets
- Ensure costs are controlled for all OL products, optimising product availability whilst ensuring ensure stock holding is within the agreed limits, working to just-in-time principles.
- You will work closely with the Trading, NPD and Regulatory teams to support the development of new and innovative products and packaging to ensure Holland & Barrett are at the forefront of health & nutrition
- You will have complete control of end to end supply chain activities on bulk and raw material to meet operational objectives.
- Ability to provide primary technical support to end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals.
- We are looking for the successful candidate to develop an in-depth knowledge of the customer and supply base to understand which are the most appropriate levers to use to maximise business performance
- the role will also be expected to build and maintain relationships with both suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams; ensuring a collaborative working model for the Packaging Unit, Technical Services, Regulatory Affairs, Commercial Team and Finance.
- To succeed in this role you must have strong negotiating and influencing skills, alongside experience in a food manufacturing/FMCG/retail environment
- Previous experience of managing a small team and limited knowledge of food tech role would be advantageous.
- You will be PC and systems literate with Intermediate-Advanced Excel skills and ideally AS400.
- the ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams
- You will have excellent commercial insight, good analytical and attention to detail skills and be comfortable working to tight timescales and deadlines
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???