My client a leading brand within retail is seeking a Transport Lead (FULL TIME - Mon to Fri 13:00hrs - 21:00hrs Fixed Shift)
Reporting to the Senior Manager on site, the Transport Lead would be directly responsible for overseeing the 2nd shift outbound operation. Responsibilities include tracking inbound and on time performance along with tracking deliveries in accordance to the daily plan.
The Transport Lead will oversee the 2nd shift outbound operation building on an already good relationship with their 3PL partner to ensure success, analyse current and historical data to monitor trends, provide management visibility and drive improvements. You will be charged with providing direction and establish clear priorities to guide operational and service performance. The role has real development attached to it with progression within the company available for a candidate who can display the right tenacity and drive.
The successful Transport Lead will have experience of working in a transport environment with previous experience in a demanding retail environment with a track record managing a demanding 3PL customer. Your main areas of responsibility will include :
- Overseeing 2nd shift outbound operation
- Build relationship with 3PL partners to ensure ongoing success
- Partner with onsite 3PL to ensure inbound containers arrive on time and to plan into DC
- Update inbound plan and arrival times to ensure turnaround times met
- Analyse current and historical data to monitor trends, provide management visibility and drive improvements
- Knowledge of Transportation and Supply Chain principles and processes - especially in 3PL and Transportation Operations
The following benefits package is available to the successful Transport Lead:
- GBP32,000 - GBP34,000 basic salary
- Shift Allowance
- Competitive Benefits
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of management professionals on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including third party logistics, automotive and manufacturing. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.
To apply for the Transport Lead position, please click on the "apply now" button and your CV will be sent directly to Phil Birch. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.