Electrical Systems Engineer - Automotive - Up to £2663
Title: Electrical Systems Engineer
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
ADAS Integration Engineer (Vehicle) Supporting all vehicle based activities, investigations and workstreams with the ADAS department: Manage any vehicle-based issues that arise, look for solutions and report on the issue. Physically visit and inspect/assess prototype vehicles ahead of ADAS team receiving, with particular emphasis on:
- Build specification comparison to ADAS requirements.
- Confirm maturity of relevant components.
- Identify any functionality issues.
- Take snapshot log of all software levels.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and updates of vehicle software (inc. fleet release updates).
- Support installation and configuration of test equipment in vehicles.
- Perform Level 0 investigations on all ADAS FMS issues.
- Performing 'triage' function on open issues list, and self prioritisation.
3 KEY SKILLS
Experience of component-, system- and vehicle-level issue investigations.Knowledge of system engineering principles with understanding of validation techniques throughout all stages of the engineering development 'V' cycle.System and software test experience.
Automotive industry experience in vehicle integration or electrical troubleshooting, preferably in ADAS, Chassis or Powertrain environment.
Practical understanding of In-Car Networks, Diagnostics and Software Download.
Engineering Degree or HNC/HND in a relevant automotive discipline.
An understanding of automotive quality, customer feedback and warranty metrics.
An appreciation of passenger vehicle Electrical Architectures.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75501254